st: AW: Finding median with SVY command

Subject   st: AW: Finding median with SVY command
Date   Tue, 25 Aug 2009 16:02:28 +0200

<>

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2007-03/msg00293.html

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von Holly Kosiewicz
Gesendet: Dienstag, 25. August 2009 15:45
An: [email protected]
Betreff: st: Finding median with SVY command

I have used the svy command to produce population estimates based on a
sample of individuals. I would like to estimate the median income of this
population, but from what I see Stata will not let me do this. The svy: mean
command just doesn't cut it because the estimates are sensitive to outliers.
Does anyone have any thoughts on how to tackle this?

Holly Kosiewicz, M.A.
Research Associate
Research Center
Editorial Projects in Education, Inc.
6935 Arlington Road
Bethesda, Maryland  20814

301-280-3163 (p)
301-280-3150 (f)

Editorial Projects in Education, Inc.
Home of Education Week, Teacher Sourcebook,
Digital Directions, EPE Research Center, Education Week Press,
edweek.org, and the TopSchoolJobs.org Career Site

http://www.edweek.org ; http://www.TopSchoolJobs.org