st: VAR or VEC model

From   Ihtesham Afzal <>
To   <>
Subject   st: VAR or VEC model
Date   Mon, 24 Aug 2009 20:51:04 +0100

I would like to test the relationship between the FTSE100 index and a variety of macroeconomic variables.
What is the difference between the VAR and VEC models in estimating the relationships and so how do I decide which one to use in my estimation. I am looking to do the Cointegration and Granger Causality Tests if that makes a difference.
Kind Regards.
Windows Live Messenger: Thanks for 10 great years—enjoy free winks and emoticons.