st: AW: RE: "sort" over different variables

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: RE: "sort" over different variables
Date   Mon, 24 Aug 2009 21:42:34 +0200

The -sort- command orders by rows, not by columns. To use it, you would be
in the rare situation to have to apply -xpose-.

Apart from that, -ssc d rowsort- comes to mind, although NJC himself does
not mention it in his post...

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von Nick Cox
Gesendet: Montag, 24. August 2009 21:09
Betreff: st: RE: "sort" over different variables

This is too simplified and could be any number of things.

Renaming or re-ordering your variables may be quite enough to solve your
problem. See, e.g., -order-.

If that doesn't make sense, please explain in more detail what your
problem is.

I have a quick (and probably simple) question: I would like to "sort" my
dataset over several variables. At the moment my dataset looks like this
(very simplified example):

Var1   Var2   Var3    Var4
1000   3000   2000    500

And should look like this: