Re: st: Comparing 2 models with -test- command under SVY

From   Richard Williams <>
To   "" <>, "" <>
Subject   Re: st: Comparing 2 models with -test- command under SVY
Date   Fri, 21 Aug 2009 17:10:48 -0400

At 04:53 PM 8/21/2009, Shellenberg, Kristen wrote:
I want to compare this model with a model without the interaction term...Can anyone help me understand how to how to compare the two models? I tried using the -test- command after running the model that includes the interaction term and forcing the coefficients of the interaction terms to =0 but it didn't work. Also, there are so many interaction terms b/c of all the dummy variables that it just seems like a big mess!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kristen, all the dummies and interactions created by -xi3- get tacked on as variables at the end of the file. So, it should just be a matter of typing

and (before hitting return) selecting the interaction terms that were created (which will start with _ and have an X in their names). A simple example:

webuse nhanes2f
xi3: svy: reg weight i.female*i.race
test  _Ife1Xra2 _Ife1Xra3

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463