st: log binomial regression - categorical independent variables

From   Amy Jennings <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: log binomial regression - categorical independent variables
Date   Thu, 20 Aug 2009 11:19:36 +0000

Hi

I am currently using stata to estimate prevalence ratios (or risk ratios as I think stata refers to them) using log binomial regression with the glm function.  I am using the syntax

glm dependent independent, family(binomial) link(log) eform

this has worked fine but I would now like to add a categorical independent variable with more than two categories, and obtain coefficients for each of the categories, e.g. I am trying to calculate prevalence ratios for childhood overweight compared with normal weight for increasing category of parental education, is it possible to estimate prevalence ratios for children whose parents are educated to school-level or university-level verses those with no education?

Many thanks in advance,
Windows Live Messenger: Happy 10-Year Anniversary—get free winks and emoticons.
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/157562755/direct/01/