st: bootstrap sampling and foreach

From   "Gallagher, Kelly, DOH" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: bootstrap sampling and foreach
Date   Wed, 19 Aug 2009 15:46:22 -0600

Hi, all,

Using -bootstrap-, I'd like to estimate confidence intervals for
percentiles.  Also, given that I'd like to estimate C.I.s for
percentiles for a heap of variables, I'd like to use a foreach loop.

Do you have tips regarding the use of the foreach loop to save a scalar
or matrix of bootstrapped samples (which would then be used with
-estat-)?

foreach x of varlist *_u {
	bootstrap r(p95), reps(1000): summarize `x', detail
    	local analytes_bootstrap: list x in analytes_bootstrap
     	return scalar `x'=`analytes_bootstrap'
 }

foreach x of varlist *_u {
estat bootstrap, all
        }

Thanks!!!
Kelly

Kelly Gwendolyn Gallagher, Ph.D.
Epidemiologist
Environmental Health Epidemiology Bureau
Epidemiology and Response Division
New Mexico Department of Health
1190 St. Francis Dr.
Santa Fe, NM  87502
505.476.3565

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including all attachments is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited unless specifically provided under the New Mexico Inspection of Public Records Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of this message. -- This email has been scanned by the Sybari - Antigen Email System.

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail,including all attachments is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review,use,disclosure or distribution is prohibited unless specifically provided under the New Mexico Inspection of Public Records Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of this message.  -- This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.