Re: st: RE: MLOGIT versus a set of LOGIT models [re-posting]

From   "Jon Heron" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: MLOGIT versus a set of LOGIT models [re-posting]
Date   Wed, 19 Aug 2009 08:33:29 +0100 (BST)

 Thanks Kieran,

 I was beginning to think that the difference lay between continuous
 and categorical predictors - i had shown that a model with a 4-level
 categorical predictor could be factored into logits, whilst treating
 the same variable as continuous meant that this was not possible.

 I now see that including *two* categorical predictors also results in
 the logits giving a different answer.  Hence it does appear to be
 model complexity rather than variable type.

 I have a Kleinbaum paper in front of me (IJE 26(6), pp1323-1333)
 but I will attempt to track down the book you mention.

 In the meantime I think I have learned enough to drop this from
 from my lecture as it is nothing more than a distraction.

 all the best, Jon