st: matching created matrix and the original data set

From   Mandy fu <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: matching created matrix and the original data set
Date   Tue, 18 Aug 2009 11:23:58 -0400

Hi all,

It would be great if you could give me some suggestion on the
following question about matrix operation for a survey data set.

The data set includes respondents of  male (2517 obs)and female(2480
obs).First I run  earnings function for male and female separately.
Then I want to do a t test for comparing the group mean of (sum of
Bmale*X'female) and (sum of Bfemale*X'female). The former means the
earnings of a female when she is treated the same as a male with
identical endowment in labor market. The  latter means the predicted
value of how much a female earns.,

where Bmale:   the coefficients get for a regression for each male
           Bfemale: the coefficients get for a regression for each female
           Xmale:    the original values of independent variables for each male
           Xfemale: the original values of independent variables for each female