st: FW: Stata 11: problem highlighting command lines in do-file editor and running command

From   "Weichle, Thomas" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: FW: Stata 11: problem highlighting command lines in do-file editor and running command
Date   Mon, 17 Aug 2009 10:30:17 -0500

Hi Statalisters,
Sorry for the repost but I sent this late in the day last Friday.  I was
hoping some of the experts might have a chance to see this now.

When I highlight a specific line to run a command in my do-file editor,
I do so by clicking the specific line number on the new line counter on
the left hand side.  Then when I click the execute (do) button to run
the command which is highlighted, it also runs the next line directly
below the command I intended to run.  Incidentally, I notice that the
cursor moves to the line below the line number I clicked on.  How can I
prevent this from happening?

Tom Weichle
Math Statistician
Center for Management of Complex Chronic Care (CMC3)
Hines VA Hospital, Bldg 1, C202
708-202-8387 ext. 24261