Re: st: local containing (all) variables' names in a dataset

From   Scott Merryman <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: local containing (all) variables' names in a dataset
Date   Mon, 17 Aug 2009 08:47:03 -0500

You can use macro list.  See -help macrolists-

For example:

. sysuse auto ,clear
(1978 Automobile Data)

. ds
make          mpg           headroom      weight        turn          gear_ratio
price         rep78         trunk         length        displacement  foreign

. local a = r(varlist)

. local b  make rep78

. local c:list  a - b

. disp "`c'"
price mpg headroom trunk weight length turn displacement gear_ratio foreign

Scott