st: how to check that demographic values within the same zipcode are identical?

From   Ekaterina Hertog <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: how to check that demographic values within the same zipcode are identical?
Date   Sun, 16 Aug 2009 16:53:42 +0100

Dear all,
I am trying to check the dataset I am working with. It is a dataset of neighbourhood demographic values and I want to confirm that the demographic variables associated with each zipcode are identical.
The data looks as follows:
"0182801"	1253	144	115	113	29
"0182801"	1253	144	115	113	29
"0182801"	1253	144	115	113	29
"0182801"	1253	144	115	113	29
"0183204"	90	8	8	8	0
"0183204"	90	8	8	8	0
"0183331"	772	81	64	62	17
"0183331"	772	81	64	62	17
"0183331"	772	81	64	62	17
"0183505"	1816	262	218	211	44
"0183505"	1816	262	218	211	44
The first variable is the zipcode the rest are demographics.

I tried something like:
by zipcode: assert   totalwom1519[_n]==totalwom1519[_n+1]
but it clearly did not do what I wanted it to.
Would anyone know how to do it?
Sincerely yours,
Ekaterina

--