Re: st: Stata crashes after dropping filter variable while editor is open

From   [email protected] (James Hassell, StataCorp LP)
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Stata crashes after dropping filter variable while editor is open
Date   Wed, 12 Aug 2009 17:34:09 -0500

Allan Joseph Medwick reported a problem with the Data Editor:

>I had my data editor open with a filter applied when I dropped one of
>the variables on which the filter was based.  Stata then proceeded to
>crash.  You can replicate this by following the below steps:
>
>sysuse auto
>editor
>* manually apply a filter for example foreign == 1 and return to the
>command prompt without closing the data editor
>drop foreign

We have reproduced the problem and have confirmed that it affects
Stata 11 for Windows.  Unix and Mac versions are not affected. This
issue will be fixed in next the executable update, scheduled
to be released in the next two weeks.

-- James Hassell
   StataCorp LP