RE: st: AW: AW: Problems with outreg2 after xtlogit

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: AW: AW: Problems with outreg2 after xtlogit
Date   Wed, 12 Aug 2009 22:44:47 +0200

The -display- thing probably comes down to the fact that an expression fed
to it is automatically evaluated... So the whole issue does not strike me as

Let`s all hope that "Martine" is a unisex name in your region of the

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Roy Wada
Sent: Mittwoch, 12. August 2009 21:33
Subject: RE: st: AW: AW: Problems with outreg2 after xtlogit

> Sorry, "r(se)" is indeed left behind, in a separate -return list- that is
> not mentioned in the help file. So the code below should get you closer to
> your destination:
> outreg2 using t3.doc, adds ("rho", `e(rho)', "sigma u", `e(sigma_u)',
> "se rho", `r(se)', "log likelihood", `e(ll)') bdec(3) alpha(0.001, 0.01,
0.05) replace
> Martin

It looks like one of those things whether a local macro needs to be
evaluated or
not. For example, all of these work fine.
di r(se)
di `r(se)'

di e(rho)
di `e(rho)'
But this is inconsistent in a consistent way. Strictly speaking they should
yield the same result, since e(rho) is different from `e(rho)', but being
to evaluate e-class locals would make it consistent with regular locals. As
of us are aware, sometimes one or the other will not work for some usage
(such as
loops, etc) under some versions of Stata.
Apparently there is something in outreg2 that will let it handle either
of e-class locals (with or without being evaluated) but not for r-class
This is a little inconsistent, and probably should be fixed. In the meantime

the workaround suggested by Martine should work fine.
Express your personality in color! Preview and select themes for HotmailR.