Re: RE: st: Can I apply -treatreg- if the endogenous variable iscontinuous?

From   [email protected]
To   statalist<[email protected]>
Subject   Re: RE: st: Can I apply -treatreg- if the endogenous variable iscontinuous?
Date   Wed, 12 Aug 2009 19:54:39 +0800

Hi Cam,
thank you for your help and valuable reference.

In fact, the endogenous variable is continuous in my example.
So -ivreg2- is fit for it. My doubt is whether I can use -treatreg- in this way.
Concretely, my outcome equation is ,

y=a0+a1x1+a2x2+e

where x1 is continuous and endogenous.

Base on the median of x1, I could get x1dummy=(x1>r(p50)).Then put x1dummy as the
dependent variable in the treat equation to calculate lambda.
And at last, reg y x1 x2 lambda.

Is is appropriate?

thank you for any help!

Best regards,