Re: st: RE: Reproducing xtlogit with xtmelogit

From   Thomas Klausch <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Reproducing xtlogit with xtmelogit
Date   Tue, 11 Aug 2009 17:19:44 +0200

Yes exactly that was my plan, estimating the empty model to get an
idea of the variance in event probabilities of individuals.

Anyways, your guess may be right, because I just included a covariate
and then -xtmelogit- estimates the model without error. However, the
models estimated by -xtlogit- and -xtmelogit- still are not
equivalent. That is the log likelihood in my example is

xtlogit: approx 15016
xtmelogit: approx 15009

and also coefficients deviate by some hundredth...

Do you know why this is? I thought both programs use conditional ML
and Gauss-Hermit quadrature optimization. Or is there any difference?

Thanks,

Thomas