RE: st: Principal Components Analysis with count data

From   kokootchke <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Principal Components Analysis with count data
Date   Mon, 10 Aug 2009 20:12:39 -0400

Jason wrote:
> As PCA is appropriate for continuous data. I am wondering if it is
> appropriate for count data (i.e., highly skewed)? Can someone provide
> advice, guidance or a resource in using PCA with count data?

Dear Jason,

I don't know much about this but a while ago I was looking for something similar and I came across this paper which helped me:

http://cosco.hiit.fi/search/MPCA/buntineDPCA.pdf

If that's not useful to you, it has a bunch of references in the back. Maybe those can help.

Best,
Adrian