FW: st: centering explanatory variables around zero

From   Cameron McIntosh <[email protected]>
To   STATA LIST <[email protected]>
Subject   FW: st: centering explanatory variables around zero
Date   Sun, 9 Aug 2009 22:49:28 -0400

Yes, the interaction between a continuous variable and a nominal (or
ordinal) variable will just be a set of product terms (all k -1 dummies
x the continuous variable) that you will add to the model. These books will also help you make sense of your results:

Cohen, J., Cohen, P., West, S.G., & Aiken, L.S. (2003). Applied multiple regression/correlation analysis for the behavioral sciences. (3rd ed.).
Mahwah, NJ: Erlbaum.

Aiken, L.S., & West, S.G. (1991). Multiple regression: Testing and interpreting interactions. Newbury Park, London: Sage.

Cam

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9671355