Re: AW: st: Opening Stata datasets from windows explorer in windows vista

From   Jeanne Sears <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: AW: st: Opening Stata datasets from windows explorer in windows vista
Date   Wed, 05 Aug 2009 10:19:53 -0700

I am using Stata 9.2 on Vista. I just tried to re-create this behavior, but do not have this problem. So it must not be as general a problem as you are thinking.

--Jeanne

Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 19:07:58 -0400
From: Maksim L Pinkovskiy <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: AW: st: Opening Stata datasets from windows explorer in windows vista

Dear everyone,

    Thank you very much for your replies. First, I am sorry, but for some
inexplicable reason, the first line of my original email got cut off -- I use Stata 9. I have actually contacted Stata tech support on this matter, but they
were unable to help me.
    I think my problem is a general problem for Stata on Vista, rather than
something idiosyncratic to my computer. I am wondering if there are any Stata users running Stata on Windows Vista who have encountered this problem and who
have dealt with it. I have tried associating .dta files with other programs,
but the problem is that Windows Vista does not (at least to my knowledge) allow me to specify which executable file (rather than application), rather than which
program, to use in opening such files.

Yours Sincerely,
Maxim Pinkovskiy.