RE: st: seqlogit consistency

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   RE: st: seqlogit consistency
Date   Wed, 5 Aug 2009 11:55:10 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Wed, 5/8/09, K Konstantaras wrote:
> From what I have read in your article, although you do not
> report "pseudo-likelihood", the only way to estimate panel
> data with seqlogit is with cluster (id) correction for the
> potential correlation between individual time dependent
> observations and I am only referring to such data.

-seqlogit- has never been intended for use in panel data. I
am actually sympathetic towards implementing a random effects
version of this software using simulated maximum likelihood,
but the question is, will I find the time to do it...

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen