st: Using svy with by

From   <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Using svy with by
Date   Tue, 4 Aug 2009 11:14:16 +0100

Hi all,
I'm trying to find a way around a problem. The code below results in an error since svy cannot by combined with by. I cannot think of another way to get the equivalent result I need, however, since the mean I'm attempting to calculate must be run using svy.
Any ideas?

foreach varname of varlist `PAYMENTVARS' {
generate `varname'PANAVG = 0
  by DUPERSID PURCHRD, sort: svy: replace `varname'PANAVG = mean(`varname')
  by DUPERSID PURCHRD: keep if _n==_N
  drop `varname'

svy may not be combined with by