st: reduced sample size in unbalanced panel??

From   Alison McCarthy <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: reduced sample size in unbalanced panel??
Date   Fri, 31 Jul 2009 15:00:14 +1030

Dear stata list,
I have an unbalanced sample of 73 firms. When conducting analysis (xtgee), the missing data appears to be a big problem and reduces the total sample down to 34 firms. Should I just note this as a limitation of my analysis or is there something else I could do? I do not really want to change the model I have as the variables in it are theoretically important.
Sorry if this is question is very simple, I am a learner!
Thanks
Alison

Looking for a place to rent, share or buy this winter? Find your next place with Ninemsn property
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Edomain%2Ecom%2Eau%2F%3Fs%5Fcid%3DFDMedia%3ANineMSN%5FHotmail%5FTagline&_t=774152450&_r=Domain_tagline&_m=EXT