st: reduced sample size in unbalanced panel??

From   Alison McCarthy <>
To   <>
Subject   st: reduced sample size in unbalanced panel??
Date   Fri, 31 Jul 2009 15:00:14 +1030

Dear stata list,
I have an unbalanced sample of 73 firms. When conducting analysis (xtgee), the missing data appears to be a big problem and reduces the total sample down to 34 firms. Should I just note this as a limitation of my analysis or is there something else I could do? I do not really want to change the model I have as the variables in it are theoretically important.
Sorry if this is question is very simple, I am a learner!

Looking for a place to rent, share or buy this winter? Find your next place with Ninemsn property