RE: st: Format and Export(Excel) of 3-way table results

From   Roy Wada <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: Format and Export(Excel) of 3-way table results
Date   Wed, 29 Jul 2009 17:48:20 -0700

Try using -logout-. It will attempt to unwrap and export the
document into Excel-friendly format.
cap log close
logout, save(myfile) excel replace fix(1) : tab3way state status year

I have a feeling it'll be too complicated to unwrap accurately.
An alternative is to use the undocumented -tab- option in outreg2. It
will dump the contents into Excel format. It's explained here.
This option probably needs to be spun off into another program.
I am not sure about your second question. You can try combining
-logout- with -table- (I think it will do n-way tabulations). See
the respective help files for more.