st: AW: Stata 11 and Acrobat

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: Stata 11 and Acrobat
Date   Wed, 29 Jul 2009 16:29:47 -0400

The command works for me, with or without quotes around the path - which,
btw, surprises me. Anyway, if you do eventually end up with a "favorite"
manual, you could assign an F key to the respective command as in

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von Eric Uslaner
Gesendet: Dienstag, 28. Juli 2009 13:12
Betreff: st: Stata 11 and Acrobat

I've checked with Stata Technical Support and haven't found an answer to my

I use Foxit as my default PDF reader but Foxit won't make the links to the
sources in the manual.  Only Adobe Acrobat does.  I don't want to make
Acrobat my default reader.

So I tried this:

winexec C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe  C:\Program

This opens Acrobat but gives me the message that the file cannot be found.
Tech support referred me to a page that put the PDF file in <brackets> such
as this, but that didn't help either.  Is there any way to get the help
document open from within Stata?