Re: st: 3-Level nlogit

From   Brendon Gerding <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: 3-Level nlogit
Date   Tue, 28 Jul 2009 14:09:55 +0200

Hi Jeph,

Thanks for your reply, I read the documentation and it seems like
that's what I'm needing. I'm fairly new to Stata though and this is
the first project I am working on, would you mind giving a brief
explanation as to how I would use the xtmelogit command? I've tried to
figure it out but am not sure that what I'm doing is right...

I need to regress employment status of individuals on various factors,
and I suspect that there will be different factors working at
different levels within the employment statuses. The breakdown of
employment status is:

Population: -> Not Economically Active
                -> Economically Active  -> Unemployed
                                                   -> Employed
And then employed may be split further into Formally Employed and
Informally Employed.

Please could you briefly explain how I could set up this regression
using the xtmelogit. The first draft of my honors dissertation is due
in two weeks, and I am desperately needing these results!

Thanks for your time,
Brendon Gerding