RE: st: Creating a loop for bsample

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   RE: st: Creating a loop for bsample
Date   Sat, 25 Jul 2009 08:30:50 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Sat, 25/7/09, Farasat Bokhari wrote:
> Best i could tell the bootstrap does not let me specify
> obs. weights when selecting the sample while the bsample
> does.

Unfortunately no: the weights in -bsample- are just an
alternative way of creating the bootstrap sample: if an
observation is not selected it will get a weight 0, if it
is selected once it gets a weight 1, if it is selected
twice it gets a weight 2, etc.

> But I can't use the bootstrap since it does not let
> me use weights.  The issue is the following:  I have a
> complex survey design dataset with about 100K obs.

How to do that is tough. You could take a look at the
talk by Stas Kolenikov at the Summer Stata Users' meeting
last year: .

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie