st: controlling -subtitles- using -fcast compute-

From   Herb Smith <>
Subject   st: controlling -subtitles- using -fcast compute-
Date   Thu, 23 Jul 2009 21:32:45 -0400 (EDT)

The general problem is my desire to write my own subtitles for graphs combined together.

The specific problem occurs within -fcast graph- which combines forecasts with confidence intervals for one or more variables created in a multivariate analysis, such as -var- (vector autoregression ; multiple response variables)

The "help" for -fcast graph- funnels one to -help by_option-, but by the time one gets to "by() uses the subtitle() with graph", there is a discussion of graphs indexed by labels corresponding to values of a grouping variable. But in -fcast graph- , the labels that Stata is employing are variable names. W/out checking out the -fcast graph- code, I feel flummoxed.

Pointers welcome !

Herbert L. Smith
Professor of Sociology
230 McNeil Building