st: AW: reshape command

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: reshape command
Date   Wed, 22 Jul 2009 10:20:30 +0200

I would leave -reshape- alone to do its business, and then use -findit
renvars- to get rid of any nasty prefixes...

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von Martin
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 22. Juli 2009 10:19
Betreff: st: reshape command

ups, forgot the subject

when I use the reshape command in Stata like this

reshape wide Alltrade, i( reporter time ) j (partner) string

stata does everything fine, but I end up with the new variables names all
starting with the prefix "Alltrade-"

I dont want this though. Is there any way to stop Stata adding this prefix?

Thank you!

best regards

m. baumgarten
für nur 19,99 Euro/mtl.!*