st: need help with mca in version 9

From   "Averett, Susan L" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: need help with mca in version 9
Date   Tue, 21 Jul 2009 17:03:53 -0400 (EDT)

I need some advice on using mca in version 9. I am using data from the Canadian National Public Health Survey which requires that I submit my Stata programs to them. They run them and return them to me. I am a Stata 10 user. They supply dummy data to test your programs. Here is my issue. I am creating an index of health using the mca command in stata 10 and the post estimation command predict to create my health index. Unfortunately, in stata 9 there is an add-in for mca but no post-estimation commands are supported with this. Has anyone ever used the mca in stata 9 and then created their own index using the output? I'd appreciate any help you can provide.

Susan Averett
Dana Professor
Department of Economics
Lafayette College