st: RE: Re: Multiple histogram in same plot

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Re: Multiple histogram in same plot
Date   Fri, 17 Jul 2009 13:56:38 +0100

No; this isn't entirely correct. You can place your own directories
ahead of Stata's, although I think Kit and I will agree that this is not
only an extraordinarily bad idea but also most unlikely to be the
explanation in this case.

This remains a case where the original poster failed to post _exactly
what he typed into Stata_, so the rest of us are reduced to speculation.

The frequent habit of assuming that list gurus have powers of
extrasensory perception is pleasantly flattering, but in most cases
quite incorrect.

Kit Baum

This should not be an issue, as -adopath- shows that all official
directories are searched before searching the cwd, plus, personal,
etc. directories. Thus it is not possible to redefine an official
command unless you tamper with the contents of the official
directories (which, naturally, you should never think of doing).