st: RE: question regarding merging

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: question regarding merging
Date   Thu, 16 Jul 2009 23:28:44 +0200

bys id: keep if _N==5

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Debs Majumdar
Sent: Donnerstag, 16. Juli 2009 23:25
Subject: st: question regarding merging

 I am new to stata and was trying to figure out the best way to solve the
following question.

 I have a dataset with id's of school children and their demographics at 5
time points.

The 1st timepoint has 800 id's, the second has 650,...the last one has 325
id's. Some id's are common to all timepoints.

How do I create a dataset which will have only those id's which are present
at all time points? I have created a variable 'time' which corresponds to
the # of id's at each point and I tried with breaking up the dataset into 5
datasets(one for each timepoint) and merging them using nokeep but that
didn't work.