st: AW: saving coefficients from ANOVA

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: saving coefficients from ANOVA
Date   Tue, 14 Jul 2009 19:56:22 +0200

To save them to a file, Roger`s -parmest- package is most suitable...

  	webuse systolic, clear
 	anova systolic drug
  	capt ssc inst parmest
 	parmest, saving(myfile, replace)
	u myfile, clear

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von
Gesendet: Dienstag, 14. Juli 2009 18:00
An: ''
Betreff: st: saving coefficients from ANOVA

Good afternoon,
Apologies if this has been answered before, I haven't been able to find

I am trying to write a programme that estimates differences between two
groups (var condition) using ANCOVA, first for costs, then for
effectiveness. This programme should then be run within the bootstrap
command. The output I need is replications of paired cost differences and
effectiveness differences. However, I can't seem to work out how to save the
coefficient of group difference as a scalar (to a new dataset).

Below is what I've got so far, I'm sure there is a fairly simple solution to
this but I am new to STATA and any help would be appreciated.

With best wishes,

capture program drop bscer
program define bscer

anova t2totalco t1totalco condition, continuous(t1totalco)
???? (save coefficient to bcd)

anova tariffch bstariff Conditio, continuous(bstariff)
???? (save coefficient to bqd)

use "data.dta"
bootstrap "bscer t2totalco t1totalco condition tariffch bstariff" "bcd bqd",
reps(1000) saving(bootstrapped.dta) replace strata(condition) notable

Please access the attached hyperlink for an important electronic
communications disclaimer: