st: AW: Overidentifying test

Subject   st: AW: Overidentifying test
Date   Mon, 13 Jul 2009 14:29:04 +0200

<>

No need to install anything:

*************
webuse hsng2, clear
ivregress 2sls rent pcturban ///
(hsngval = faminc reg2-reg4)
estat overid
*************

Installation might be required if you use a Stata version other than 10
(which your use of -ivreg- instead of -ivregress- seems to indicate. Note
that you are meant to disclose this in your initial post...)

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von Tharshini
Thangavelu
Gesendet: Montag, 13. Juli 2009 14:19
An: [email protected]
Betreff: st: Overidentifying test

Hi,

How do I test the over identifying restriction test in Stata? Do I need to
install anything?

I have used these commands but it doesn't seem to be working.
First I estimate a 2SLS estimation with two instrumental variable: twoboys
and
twogrils. This gives me single over identifying restriction.

ivreg workedm (morekids=twoboys twogirls) agem1 agefstm boy1st black hispan
thrace

Then to test I use these two commands. The error message that I get is under
each commands.

*sc install overid
variable install not found
no variables defined