st: Acessing files in dir

From   Tiago Dias <>
Subject   st: Acessing files in dir
Date   Mon, 13 Jul 2009 04:36:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, everybody. This is my first question to Statalist, so please excuse me if I commit a mistake.
I have a directory with a few hundreds files, all in .dta. I need to -use- each one of them and make the same modification. If I modify one by one, I have a big chance of missing one of them or modifying twice a single file.
I thought about using -dir- to get the filelist and -foreach- to have stata browsing, using, modifying and saving each file on filepath, but I don't know how to access the filenames in -dir-.
Anyone has a idea?
I'm using Stata 10.1 in Windows Vista.