RE: st: How to test equality of coefficients across quantiles using QREG or SQREG

From   "Murtaza, Fowad" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: How to test equality of coefficients across quantiles using QREG or SQREG
Date   Sat, 11 Jul 2009 18:23:02 +0100

Hi Maarten,

Many thanks for your reply.

I am bit confused understanding the stata help comment on sqreg. Does it
mean that we can directly compare the confidence intervals if we want to
confirm that coefficient of say quantile 10 is different from
coefficient of quantile 20?

In fact, after estimating sqreg for 10 quantiles, I want to see if the
coefficient of a variable (e.g. urban) in quantile 10 is significantly
different coefficient of same variable (urban) in quantile 20 or 30?

I would appreciate if you could kindly guide and clarify me on this.
I am attaching a sample out put so you may have a look.

My kind regards,
fowad