st: Multinomial logit for panel data?

From   Dmitriy Krichevskiy <>
To   statalist <>
Subject   st: Multinomial logit for panel data?
Date   Wed, 8 Jul 2009 14:41:56 -0400

I have a large panel dataset (about 14000 individuals over 84 periods
– unbalanced). I want to get to the limiting distribution of
distribution dynamics for 2 separate groups. Is anyone aware of the
way to analyze this?
 –markov- does not work on panel data and –xttrans- produces a single
transition matrix by lumping all of the transitions into '1 old to 1
new' transition. Ideally I would want a dynamic panel data model but
the dependant variable is a quintile so it seems to me that
multinomial logit or probit is in order. Thanks for all of your help

Dmitriy Krichevskiy