RE: st: difference between cdsimeq, ivprobit and ivreg2

From   "Schaffer, Mark E" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: difference between cdsimeq, ivprobit and ivreg2
Date   Mon, 6 Jul 2009 22:50:41 +0100

With respect to the first stages of -cdsimeq- and -ivreg2-, you must be referring to the regressions of C (the continuous variable) on the exogenous variables.  This is just the linear projection of the endogenous continuous variable on all the exogenous variables.

Here is an example from the -cdsimeq- help file, and the commands to reproduce it using -ivreg2- and -regress-.  Note that to get this to work, the estimation sample has to be the same, hence the -keep- command (-cdsimeq- doesn't have an e(sample) macro).  Maybe this is part of your problem?

********* example *********

sysuse auto, replace
keep if rep78<.

* Example from help file
cdsimeq (price mpg rep78 weight length) (foreign gear_ratio displacement turn length)

* ivreg2 version of linear probability model, reporting first stage
ivreg2 foreign gear_ratio displacement turn length (price=mpg rep78 weight), first

* first-stage by hand
reg price mpg rep78 weight length gear_ratio displacement turn

****** end example ********

> Does anyone can help me with this issue ?
> I thank you in advance,
> Anne-Sophie
> Téléphonez gratuitement à tous vos proches avec Windows Live
> Messenger  !  Téléchargez-le maintenant !

registered under charity number SC000278.