st: ODBC Access Problems in Stata 10 (Mac OS X)

From   Moonhawk Kim <Moonhawk.Kim@Colorado.EDU>
Subject   st: ODBC Access Problems in Stata 10 (Mac OS X)
Date   Fri, 3 Jul 2009 13:13:00 -0600

I have set up a FileMaker Pro 10 database as an ODBC source on my
machine (Mac OS X 10.5.7). Issuing the command in
confirms that the FileMaker ODBC driver and the database are
configured correctly,

iodbctest "dsn=FMMain;uid=Admin;pwd=*****"

as that results in the SQL prompt ("SQL>") being displayed and my
ability to run SQL queries. However, in Stata, issuing "odbc list"
shows an empty list of Data Source Names, and issuing "odbc query
"FMMain", username(Admin) password(*****)" results in the following
error messages:

[iODBC][Driver Manager]Specified driver could not be loaded,
[iODBC][Driver Manager]dlopen(/Library/ODBC/SequeLink.bundle/Contents/
MacOS/ivslk20.dylib, 6): no suitable image found.  Did find:
ivslk20.dylib: no matching architecture in universal wrapper,

Does anyone know how to address this problem?

Moonhawk Kim - Assistant Professor
Department of Political Science - University of Colorado at Boulder | |