Re: st: Standardization of Ordinal Variables and Polychoric PCA for Index

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Standardization of Ordinal Variables and Polychoric PCA for Index
Date   Sun, 28 Jun 2009 11:59:07 +0200

In innovation management studies, it is common to run factorial analysis (i.e. -factor- with option pcf) on Likert scales (i.e. treating them as cardinal ones rather than ordinal), then to develop indexes either by summing variables loading on the same factor or by letting Stata compute scores with -predict-. You may ask Stas to tell you which is the difference between -factor- scores obtained by -predict- and -polychoricpca- scores obtained by option -score()-. Please read the FAQ about citing Stata's user-written command (in particular, remember telling Statalist where you found it: from http://www.unc.edu/~skolenik/stata in this case).
Nicola

P.S. I'll NOT receive/read any email but the Digest.