Re: st: RE: Creating a Non-Self Mean & Proportions

From   Emmanuel Koku <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Creating a Non-Self Mean & Proportions
Date   Tue, 30 Jun 2009 01:24:04 -0400

Dear, Nick, thanks for attempting to resolve my question, though the
code fragment did not help.  Please, below are 20 cases, covering 3
different strata, as well as their respective values on the index
variable of interest (i.e., score),  for your examination. What I want
is the count or proportion of each value of the index variable (i.e.,
score) in each strata.

Cluster	Hhold#	Line#	Strata	score
46	7	1	1	0
122	20	4	1	0
122	6	2	1	1
46	1	1	1	2
122	11	2	1	1
122	6	1	1	0
122	16	6	2	0
46	13	1	2	1
46	12	1	2	2
122	17	1	2	0
122	8	2	2	1
46	13	3	2	1
122	5	2	2	0
46	6	3	3	1
122	16	2	3	0
122	15	1	3	2
46	4	2	3	0
46	19	3	3	1
122	4	2	3	0
46	20	4	3	2

So from this scratch data we can have the following distribution of
the 3 score values by strata:

ScoreValues        Strata1    Strata2    Strata3   Total

0                          3              3              3           9
1                          2              3              2           7
2                          1              1              2           4

N                                                                    20

Thus, we can state that across all strata 9 individuals had a score of
0, 7 had a score of 1 and 4 had a score of 2 -- that is we aggregate
or count each of the values of the index variable (Score) across or
over all strata.  In this way I can describe the distribution of the
scores over the strata.

I hope this makes it a bit clearer.  If, not  please let me know and I
can try and provide further clarification.

rgds, Em