RE: st: re: factor analysis

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: re: factor analysis
Date   Mon, 29 Jun 2009 16:14:44 +0100

Depending on which version of Stata you have

0. It may predate any factor analysis or PCA command. (You are working
with a real antique.)

1. It may support -factor- with PCA functionality included. -score- is
available to calculate scores afterwards.

2. It may support -factor- and -pca- separately with -score- available
afterwards.

3. It may support -factor- and -pca- separately with -predict- available
afterwards.

At this moment I lack the inclination to rummage around to work out
exactly when these changes were made. But Evans Jadotte's advice here is
incorrect, as if -score- won't work after -factor- it won't work with
-pca-. That is, in any version of Stata with -factor- and -pca- the
appropriate command for calculating scores used to be -score-, but is
now -predict-.

Evans Jadotte

Try with pca (principal component analysis) that does support score.