Re: st: Fonts in Stata 11 graphs

From   Alan Riley <>
Subject   Re: st: Fonts in Stata 11 graphs
Date   Mon, 29 Jun 2009 10:10:06 -0500

Friedrich Huebler ( asked whether the new font/symbol
features in Stata 11 graphs also support Unicode:
> Graphs in Stata 11 support multiple fonts and symbols. As stated in
> [G] text, "you may display text in a graph using any font available on
> your operating system by using the {fontface} tag".
> Does this mean Stata graphs can also contain text in Chinese or
> Japanese, for example? [G] text does not mention Unicode.

Unicode/multibyte characters are not yet supported by -graph-.  However,
this is something we know is desired, and so the code underlying the
features documented in "[G] text" has been written with future Unicode
support in mind.