st: RE: creating a text slide

From   "Joseph Coveney" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: creating a text slide
Date   Sun, 28 Jun 2009 13:03:53 +0900

Walter R. Paczkowski wrote:

I R, I typically create a text slide by first creating a plot that has
the x axis run from 0 to 1 and the y axis run from 0 to 1.  Then I
suppress the axes and any labels so that I visually have a blank page
but with the axes specified.  I then add text at different x-y
coordinates to get the slide I want.  This method works well for my
purposes.  How can I do the same in Stata?  Basically, create a blank
slide with both axes running from 0 to 1, suppress the axes and add text
where I want.

Something like the following will get you a basic blank page.

graph twoway scatteri 1 1, msymbol(none) yscale(off) ylabel(0(1)1) //
    xscale(off) xlabel(0(1)1)

You'd use textboxes to craft and position your text (-help textbox_options-).

I haven't really used this approach or even considered it before, and so what's
above is probably naïve and could be simplified.

Joseph Coveney