st: Stata on Mac question

From   Scott Cunningham <>
Subject   st: Stata on Mac question
Date   Thu, 25 Jun 2009 20:15:08 -0500

I'm away on business needing to install Mac OSX Leopard on my machine,
and would like to format the hd before I do so.  But, I don't have
Stata with me - it's installed on my computer already.  I was
wondering if a Stata Mac user could tell me whether it'll work for me
to copy my Stata to a hd, install Leopard, and then just copy it back.
 In other words, not install from a CD.  Many mac programs work this
way, but wanted to talk to someone who knew what they were talking