st: random effects on bibrobit

From   dimitris souftas <>
To   statalist correct <>
Subject   st: random effects on bibrobit
Date   Thu, 25 Jun 2009 11:16:08 +0300

Dear all,

       I'm using a first order markov model, on panel data, to model poverty transitions and control for the initial conditions problem. In stata I use a biprobit model and I would like to control for unobserved heterogeneity. I have thought of using random effects or creating a variable that would capture the time invariant unobservable individual specific effects. However it appears neither of the options are possible in stata. Do you know any way I could control for that?

Dimitris Souftas