st: STATISTICIAN JOB OPENING

From   Allan Garland <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: STATISTICIAN JOB OPENING
Date   Wed, 24 Jun 2009 10:23:55 -0500

The Department of Medicine of the University of Manitoba is seeking a biostatistician and health services researcher for a full-time position to start September 1, 2009 or as soon thereafter.

The applicant should have a PhD or equivalent and be capable of becoming an independent researcher. The position provides 50% protected time for your own research, and 50% to provide statistical consultation & assistance to other members of the Department of Medicine.  We expect the candidate will develop rich collaborations with members of our Department.  Experience is desirable, but we will consider candidates at or near the start of their careers.

Individuals interested in population-based health services research are especially encouraged to apply, as we possess one of the best health databases in the world.  We are recognized as national leaders in population-based research.  This database is managed and accessed via SAS, so knowledge of that software is important for this position.

We recognize that no one is expert in all statistical methods, but those commonly used here include multivariable modeling methods, analysis of grouped data (e.g. multilevel modeling, GEE) and survival analysis.

Salarly and academic rank are competitive and based on level of experience.

If interested, please contact:  Allan Garland, MD, MA   / email: [email protected]