st: Data transfer woes

From   "Clemens P. Masesa" <>
Subject   st: Data transfer woes
Date   Wed, 24 Jun 2009 10:12:19 +0300

I am new to STATA and I am having a problem with date fields when transferring data from SQL Server to STATA 10 format using StatTransfer 9.

In the database the date fields are specified as Date, not DateTime. When I do the transfer the fields come out as long with format %tc. When I browse the data I see "19mar2009 23:59:43".

My programs depend on the field to be of the form %td, as in "19mar2009" and thus my programs break! I try changing the format to %td and when I brows the data as see 1.454e+12.

I notice that usually date fields are of the type float and changing /setting the format to %td gives me what i need

Could someone please help me by telling me what I am doing wrong.

Kind regards,