st: RE: Interpreting Poisson output

From   "Kieran McCaul" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Interpreting Poisson output
Date   Wed, 24 Jun 2009 10:53:16 +0800

Yes, but remember the result would be college males relative to no
college females.  Also, you are assuming that there is no multiplicative
interaction between college and sex.  In other words, the sex effect is
the same regardless of whether or not you went to college (and the
college effect is the same regardless of sex).

You should probably check that by fitting i.gender*i.education.

Kieran McCaul MPH PhD
WA Centre for Health & Ageing (M573)
University of Western Australia
Level 6, Ainslie House
48 Murray St
Perth 6000
Phone: (08) 9224-2701
Fax: (08) 9224 8009
email: [email protected]
http://myprofile.cos.com/mccaul
http://www.researcherid.com/rid/B-8751-2008
If you live to be one hundred, you've got it made.
Very few people die past that age - George Burns