Re: R: st: Bootstrapping new observations to add to an existing dataset

Subject   Re: R: st: Bootstrapping new observations to add to an existing dataset
Date   Mon, 22 Jun 2009 12:34:43 -0400

Note that the poster said: "I have a dataset which I use for
simulation purposes, to test whether my do-files run correctly."  The
simulations are not to test power using a known DGP or somesuch, with
parameters picked to match an empirical distribution; the simulations
are to test code, possibly for speed improvements or the like.  So I
presume he can simply -expand- to get the appropriately resized
dataset; he need not generate new random data.  The only issue might
be with id variables, or time variables etc., which maybe should get a
new range reflecting the increased size of the dataset, in which case
I can visualize situations where some estimators might fail because of
the replication that created the new dataset--but the poster should
come back to us for more advice if such a situation arises...