Re: st: Bootstrapping new observations to add to an existing dataset

Subject   Re: st: Bootstrapping new observations to add to an existing dataset
Date   Mon, 22 Jun 2009 08:33:09 -0400

Davide Cantoni <[email protected]> :
You don't say how many more obs you want--let's assume you want about
100 times as many:

expand 100

will do it, or

g u=round(uniform()*200)
expand u

for a random-sized sample about 100 times as big with the same DGP.
You could also

loc n=_N*100
g u=round(uniform()*1000)
expand u
drop u
g u=uniform()
sort u
drop if _n>`n'

for a sample 100 times as big but with random numbers of replications
of each obs.