st: AW: question about indeplist

From   Maarten buis <>
To   stata list <>
Subject   st: AW: question about indeplist
Date   Mon, 22 Jun 2009 08:58:46 +0000 (GMT)

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Ariel Linden,
> I saw your posting the other day in which you used indeplist as a way of
> checking why some variables were dropped from the xtreg model. I just
> read through the help file for indeplist and wasn't sure how to apply it
> to see which variables are dropped because of colinearity.

-indeplist- leaves behind a list of variables that where included in your
model. If you store all explanatory variables in a local, and than remove
the variables that where not dropped from that list, than what is left
are the variables that where dropped. You can "subtract" two lists using
the -list- extended macro function, see the -help macrolists- and the
example below:

*-------- begin example ------------
sysuse auto, clear
gen domestic = !foreign